In the never-ending struggle to raise the bar for your next incentive, Italy can provide that bucket list trip experience even your most seasoned travelers will appreciate and enjoy, and the best part is, it’s more affordable than you think.
We just finished a week long whirlwind site inspection to Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, Capri and Rome and found some amazing deals at boutique hotels, off site venues and restaurants.
The key ingredients to creating an amazing Italian incentive (and staying within budget) are as follows:
- Find those boutique hotels. With it’s rich history there’s no short supply of older, smaller and less expensive hotels that offer the same quality and amenities as the chain hotels but for a lot less. In Rome, we found several hotels within walking distance of all the sites including the Coliseum, Pantheon, Spanish Steps and Imperial Forum. With only about 100 rooms each these hotels are perfect for a group of 150 or less, most offer amazing roof top venues and let’s just say it’s impossible to get a bad meal anywhere in Italy
- Don’t over program. Yes, everyone loves the guided tours but they also love the adventure of exploring on their own. In addition to all the usual sites there’s plenty of well hidden gems including cafes, shops and bars all with gracious and welcoming owners who treat you like family – mangia!!
- Find Those Mind-Blowing Venues for Group Events. With a little research and help from our DMC we found two amazing venues. The first was an elegant neo-classic and perfectly manicured estate with stunning views of Rome. The view of the Vatican lite up at night was a religious experience, no pun intended. The second was more contemporary estate located high in the hills above Sorrento with a spectacular view of the Med and where you’d expect likes of George and Amal lounging by the pool.
- Take the Train. We’re doing a 3 night Rome and 4 night Sorrento program and transferring by high speed train from Rome to Naples is a must. Make sure you get business class seats (not that much more) and ply them with good chianti on the trip down. The country side is beautiful even at 120 MPH.
- Consider a fun group photo scavenger hunt on Capri. Capri is an amazing island and a short 25 minute ferry ride from Sorrento. It’s rich history dates back thousands of years when Roman emperors used it as a favorite vacation hideaway. There’s plenty to do including a great hike up the ancient Roman staircase to Anacapri. (a great way to de-tox) Have the group meet at the Capri Rooftop Lounge which offer spectacular views of Faragolioni which is the famous waterway arch on the Southside of the Island.
All in you can do a 4- 5 day program for under $5,500 per person fully loaded. We’d be glad to share our hotel and venue options. Please just email us at [email protected]